Snow Mountain (Xueshan in Chinese) is the second highest mountain in Taiwan at an altitude of 3886 meters (12,749 ft) and is one of the most beautiful mountains in Taiwan. Eye Travel Taiwan offers a 3-day trekking trip. Transportation and hike preparation are expected on the 1st day and major trekking happens in the rest 2 days.
There is the detailed itinerary of 3-day trekking trip below.
Snow Mountain Trek Day1: From Taipei to Wuling Farm (transport & prep day)
Pickup at the hotel in Taipei City –> Head for Yilan –> Rest & check all trekking gears and equipment –> Lunch –> Wuling Farm –> Short trip in Wuling Farm –> Dinner –> Pack a bag
- Hiking distance: 0 km
- Ascending: 0 m
- Descending: 0 m
- Click here for detail itinerary of Day 1
Snow Mountain Trek Day2: From trailhead to 369 Cabin
Trailhead ( ID & permit check) –> Qika Cabin –> Lunch at Crying Slope –> Xueshan East Peak (3201m/10,502 ft) –> Dinner at 369 Cabin (3150m/10,335 ft)
- Hiking distance: 7.2 km
- Ascending: 1010 m
- Descending: 70 m
- Click here for detail itinerary of Day 2
Snow Mountain Trek Day3: Sunrise at Xueshan Main Peak & back to Taipei
Get up at 2:30am –> Departure at 3:30am –> Sunrise at Snow Mountain Main Peak / Xueshan Main Peak (3886m/12,749 ft) –> brunch at 369 Cabin –> Wuling Farm –> End the tour at Taipei
- Hiking distance: 14.8 km ( uphill 3.8 km, downhill 11 km)
- Ascending: 736 m
- Descending: 1720 m
- Click here for detail itinerary of Day 3
< Further readings >
- How cold is Snow Mountain (Xueshan) Hike?
- Is there snow in Snow Mountain (Xueshan)?
- Is Xueshan trekking suitable for me? Am I fit enough for trekking?
- What should I take care and bring when doing Xueshan trekking?
- How to apply for Xueshan permits?
Other hiking itineraries in Taiwan
- Sky Trail of Taiwan: Zhuilu Old Trail (1D)
- The Top of Taiwan: Jade Mountain, Yushan (3D2N)
- Angel’s Tears: Jiaming Lake (3D2N)
Eye Travel Taiwan provides a private tour with English or Mandarin speaking local tour guide, including the permits application. If you are interested in our tour, please go to the following link for more details.